Pink Fund Financial Assistance Qualifications
We are sorry to inform you that you do not meet The Pink Fund guidelines for financial assistance.
Our qualifications for applicants are:
- Patients must be actively undergoing treatment, as defined by The Pink Fund, for their breast cancer diagnosis.
- Active treatment is defined as the period after a positive diagnosis of breast cancer has been made (with a diagnostic biopsy), and during which therapies are being administered, including surgical procedures (single or bi-lateral mastectomy, lumpectomy, axillary dissection, or sentinel node biopsy), chemotherapy or radiation.
- Patients must have been working at time of diagnosis, and are able to show a loss of income due to their breast cancer diagnosis. (leave of absence, reduced hours, etc.)
- Patients must be actively undergoing treatment throughout funding.
- For the purposes of the Pink Fund reconstruction is not considered active treatment.
- Patients on long-term hormonal therapies are not eligible.
The Pink Fund does not guarantee assistance to everyone. As a registered non-profit organization, we must strictly follow the guidelines set forth by our Board of Directors.
For additional resources for financial assistance, please contact your Social Worker, Patient Navigator, or Caseworker.