Qualification Guidelines for The Pink Fund
Please review our qualifications for financial aid and apply as soon as possible if you qualify.
YOU MUST BE IN ACTIVE TREATMENT TO QUALIFY. Active treatment is defined as the period after a positive diagnosis of breast cancer has been made (with a diagnostic biopsy), and during which therapies are being administered, including surgical procedures to remove the cancer (e.g. single or bi-lateral mastectomy, lumpectomy, axillary dissection, or sentinel node biopsy), chemotherapy or radiation.
PLEASE NOTE: For the purposes of The Pink Fund, active treatment does not include reconstruction surgeries or long-term hormonal therapies (including Tamoxifen, Fareston, Arimidex, Aromasin, Femara, Zoladex/Lupron, Megace, and Halotestin).
Our major qualifications for applicants are:
- Patients must be actively undergoing treatment, as defined by The Pink Fund, for their breast cancer diagnosis.
- Patients must have been working at time of diagnosis, and are able to show a loss of income due to their breast cancer diagnosis. (IE, leave of absence, reduced hours, etc.)
- Patients must be actively undergoing treatment throughout funding.
- Patients undergoing only reconstruction are not eligible.
- Patients only receiving long-term hormonal therapies are not eligible.
- Applicants must have a household income of 500% or less of the federal poverty level based on last year’s federal tax return. SEE CHART.
The Pink Fund Application checklist is designed to outline the necessary forms needed to apply. Please be sure to click here to download the checklist before applying.
If you meet the above qualifications, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible as it may take up to 90 days for your application to be processed.
Please understand we are not an emergency fund and cannot provide immediate assistance.
Effective February 1, 2018: For the protection of your confidential information, The Pink Fund will no longer accept any documents supporting your application by email or fax.
Documents must be MAILED to PO Box 603, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48303.
All correspondence will still be handled via email.